At Maril, you can take a look at the production of a sloop. From A to Z, Maril sloops are made in the Netherlands. This gives you the guarantee of a 100% Dutch quality. We do not say “A brand you can trust” for nothing.
- The hulls of Maril are produced in-house in our GRP plant in Zwaag (NH). This ensures the Maril sloops are a 100% Dutch product. Thus, we continually monitor production quality
- The open mould after it has been coated with by gelcoat spraying machine and filled with resin
- Then pieces small pieces of fiberglass are applied
- After the glass / polyester blend has been sprayed into the mould all of the air from the laminate is removed with a spiked roller
- An important factor in making polyester is achieving the desired thickness, with a specially designed tool we ensure that the hull is a uniform thickness
- After the reinforcement is laminated, the product is ready and the mould can be released. Here, air is injected between the mould and the product and the hull is lifted out of the mould
- The end of the process is sanding and cleaning the deck moulding and components
- An additional technique is utilised for the small parts; we make use of a vacuum injection process
- These are pre-glass mats and / or glass fibers placed in a mold and the mould is closed with an airtight seal
- By means of a vacuum (vacuum injection) or pressure (pressure injection), or a combination of both pressure and vacuum, resin is introduced to the mould and the glass fibers are sucked or pressed together
- This method is fast, ensures a consistent quality and both sides of the part are perfectly finished.
After this, the shells are transported to the production line at Woudsend. Initially the hull is brought to the anti-fouling department. Here the boat is sanded, degreased and applied with primer and anti fouling. Once dried and cured, the hull is taken to the next section, where the woodwork is custom built for the boat. After this the wiring and the engine is installed.
If the boat is technically ready, it is tested in the water by experienced technicians. Here, the last settings are configured, and then the boat is off to be finish. Here the cushions, canopy and fender are placed and the boat is fully cleaned ready for delivery.